Dogs getting fat after spay. I hate it when newspaper reporters interpret study results.
- Studies have proven that spaying before the first heat prevents cancer the best (Knocks it down to 1%) (After the first heat, it doubles to a meager 2%)
- Studies prove that spaying after the first heat results in better urinary tract health.
- Studies prove that not spaying at all extends dogs lives. (Not considering weight)
- Studies prove that spaying the dogs extend lives. (Considering cancer, not weight)
- Studies prove that spaying dogs makes them fat. (Not considering calories fed)
Dr Johnson’s Genius-Take On All This: Spayed dogs can get fat. Fat dogs always suffer eventual bone and joint problems. How could a news paper reporter mess THAT up? Well they do.